Update from the Lady in the Loft
Happy December to all our readers. I assume you are all buried in gift wrap this month so I will keep this brief. Some time has passed since we last wrote here and we determined it was time to give you all an update from the lady in the loft.
First matter of discussion. Where have we been?!
I know, we went quiet. There are many reasons for this:
- We were tearing the website apart and re-building it.
- The Merch shop needed quality goods so we got in there and fixed it.
- We Created a Limited Edition Writers Planner.
- The Anthology has been giving us a nightmare during formating.
- Direction and planning was undertaken for 2022.
Today I will give you a brief explanation on each of these topics. Here is your December update from the Lady in the Loft.
For those of you who have been checking the site and sending us messages complaining about the lack of recent content, your wait is over.
We have spent these last months overhauling the Lady in the Loft Website. Our aim was to create a more user-friendly, easy to navigate, collection of tips, tricks, and writing help. This was after we discovered a lot of our older content was undiscoverable on the website.
Things we have improved:
- You can now find information on relevenat topics through the catergories at the top of the page.
- New and popular articles can be accessed on the right hand side of the page.
- The ‘home page’ has been replaced with an ever updating list of recent content.
- Pages are now easier to read with a better font and easier on the eyes color scheme.
Things to complete:
- The 30 day course is nearing completion. (It got set aside for nearly a year as we debated the best way to present the material. Work has recently resumed.)
- Competition Page. These will be revammped and reopned in January 2022 after the realease of the Anthology.
Let’s face it, the merch shop looked sad.
An argument can be made that it looks sadder still with so few items available. However, the imagery is amazing. Instead of using the Lady in the Loft Logo, we have used the beautiful artwork that we commissioned for the Anthology Cover.
This amazing artwork makes for some good tops, so we have used a few high-quality pieces. Stay tuned for us to showcase some of these on the website soon. Or check out the goods here.
The Limited Edition Writers Planner
This we are proud of.
We spent ages putting together a Limited Edition Writers Planner.
Using the same 2021-2022 artwork that was designed for the anthology we created a yearly planner. This planner includes:
- Over 100 writing competitions!
- Inspirational quotes from writers both new and old.
- Quotes from books that suit each month.
- Writing prompts.
- Writing tips.
- Monthly Overviews.
- Week to view setting.
- Full color pages.
This is our first edition of the writers’ planner. Any feedback or improvements that you would like to see will go into next years planner.
The planner is currently in Review (the final stage before publishing) and will hopefully be available within the week. Follow us on Facebook for instant updates.
The Anthology is due to be published on the 1st of January 2022. Congratulations again to all of our winning entries, we can’t wait to see what you all write next year.
Have any of you ever argued with margins, images, and file embedding? If so, then you know and understand the issues we had with the Anthology.
We are doing our best to keep costs down for this years anthology. Only funds made from the Lady in the Loft competitions are used in the gathering of artwork and more, so in the end, it is you faithful writers that determine the end result. It is our hope that as the Lady in the Loft establishes itself as a writing community we can make the anthology better every year.
That isn’t to say this year’s anthology is bad. On the contrary, with unique images, great works of written art, advertisements and reviews of some amazing books, writing tips tricks and prompts. This anthology will be a fun read for any writer.
How many competitions should we hold? What should be the cost? what should be the themes? How many blogs does the website need? How much emphasis should we put on book reviews? Should we have a weekly or monthly theme for the newsletters? What prizes should we be offering?
These questions and more have been taken into consideration recently.
Going forward in 2022 we want to improve the service that we give to our readers. We want to do more of what is popular and less of what is not. We want to encourage writing, provide guides to self-publishing, help writers understand how to get published through agents and more.
If there is something that you would like to see on the Lady in the Loft website, now is the time to speak. Please leave a comment below, or send us a message using the contact us form.